21st - 28th July 2012
"Croeso" is the Welsh word for "welcome" ... so welcome to the website for CROESO 2012, the Welsh international orienteering event, based around the Victorian coastal resort town of Aberystwyth.
Aberystwyth is located on the west coast of Wales and is a popular holiday destination combining the best of outdoor activities, stunning scenery and award winning beaches. It is easily accessible via a network of road, rail and bus links.
The town overlooks Cardigan Bay, a haven for bottlenose dolphins and Atlantic grey seals.
- Lost Property at CroesoPlease read on if you have lost anything at Croeso31/07/2012
- Aberystwyth Photo-O very popularAnswers now available31/07/2012
- Slide show now postedRandom photographs from the Croeso week30/07/2012
- Hit statisticsCroeso website has record visits on the last day29/07/2012
- Tributes pour in for a great weekOrganisers delighted with nopesport feedback29/07/2012
Forthcoming major events
|The JK returns to South Wales in 2014 - entries open on November 1st.|
The Scottish 6 Day returns to Moray in 2013, once again offering a mix of fantastic orienteering in a popular tourist location – Moray has it all including lovely beaches, wildlife, castles, whisky, woollens, shortbread and tartan.
Virgin terrain is being used for all but two days and variety is provided by the mixture of four Long races, one Middle race and an Urban climax in Aberystwyth itself. Two UK Cup races, two FCC and two Masters Cup races are included.
More details are available here.
The event centre
The university facilities include an arts centre, restaurants, cafe, swimming pool, fitness centre and access to television screens to follow the action at the London 2012 Olympics during your stay. [The Olympics Opening Ceremony is on the Day 5 evening.]
Weather forecast for Aberystwyth
5 Day forecast and July weather data here.