21st - 28th July 2012
"Croeso" is the Welsh word for "welcome" ... so welcome to the website for CROESO 2012, the Welsh international orienteering event, based around the Victorian coastal resort town of Aberystwyth.
Aberystwyth is located on the west coast of Wales and is a popular holiday destination combining the best of outdoor activities, stunning scenery and award winning beaches. It is easily accessible via a network of road, rail and bus links.
The town overlooks Cardigan Bay, a haven for bottlenose dolphins and Atlantic grey seals.
- Lost Property at Croeso 31/07/2012Please read on if you have lost anything at Croeso
- Aberystwyth Photo-O very popular 31/07/2012Answers now available
- Slide show now posted 30/07/2012Random photographs from the Croeso week
- Hit statistics 29/07/2012Croeso website has record visits on the last day
- Tributes pour in for a great week 29/07/2012Organisers delighted with nopesport feedback
Forthcoming major events
|The JK returns to The Chilterns in 2013 and offers you an excellent extended weekend of orienteering in March/April.|
The Scottish 6 Day returns to Moray in 2013, once again offering a mix of fantastic orienteering in a popular tourist location – Moray has it all including lovely beaches, wildlife, castles, whisky, woollens, shortbread and tartan.
Virgin terrain is being used for all but two days and variety is provided by the mixture of four Long races, one Middle race and an Urban climax in Aberystwyth itself. Two UK Cup races, two FCC and two Masters Cup races are included.
More details are available here.
The event centre
The university facilities include an arts centre, restaurants, cafe, swimming pool, fitness centre and access to television screens to follow the action at the London 2012 Olympics during your stay. [The Olympics Opening Ceremony is on the Day 5 evening.]
Weather forecast for Aberystwyth
5 Day forecast and July weather data here.